* Experiment with colour and paint
* Create with clay & natural materials
* Construct with recyclables
* Engineer and test adhesive methods and materials
* Drawing, painting, cutting, gluing, sewing, sculpting…
* Adding, blending, transforming
…learn to trust the creative process
…develop fine-motor skills
…gain knowledge about materials and properties
See photo examples
* Qualified primary teacher and artist
* 15 years’ experience teaching art to primary-aged children
* Progressive teaching methods
* Small groups (max 10 children)
* Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
* Structured, but in a nurturing home-studio setting
* A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
* Lots of variety / choice
* Excellent resources
* Daily or weekly themes
* Read about the classes
* Book your days online
* Single day or multiple day bookings accepted…
e.g. book Tuesdays for 6 weeks, or book Wed & Thurs for 2 weeks, or start with 1 day – tomorrow
* Change days easily
* Late-stay/pickup available
* Visa/Mastercard – no fees
Call Helen with questions on
for children who like to
EXPLORE & ENGINEER
Making CLAY animals, wizards, mermaids, dragons, plus+!
& MIX MEDIA
Do you like making things?
Use wire, clay, fabric, plaster of paris, paints, dyes and lots more
…and make something to take home every week.
Loads of mess, lots of making and unlimited friends and fun.
Tui absolutely loved your workshops. He's super keen to come along to regular sessions.
11 out of 10!
She wishes every day was Tuesday!
I thought it was great that the children had a finished piece at the end of each session.
Imagine a place you can go after school, to chill out in a bean bag under a tree, while making clay animals!
Or you can come into the art studio and sew on the sewing machine, paint and draw with friends, or construct at the woodworking table.
Helen is an artist and teacher (and a mad scientist!) and will support you to make lots of wonderful arts and crafts, including your own inventions!
What do we do?
The art classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment. Activities are designed and supervised by an experienced primary school teacher and artist.
To meet the needs of active and curious children we explore a variety of crafts such as pottery, sewing, crochet, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
The activities utilise a child’s growing mathematical skills such as estimating, measuring, scaling up & down, changing 2D to 3D, exploring symmetry, and pattern-making.
Natural sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology and physics are included, as well as history and culture (e.g. who discovered pottery?)
“No class is ever the same. I adapt each lesson to the needs of the children, on the day.” – Helen